Pastor Lanford E. Porter, Sr. and his wife, Darlean, started Apostolic Restoration Ministry in their home with 25 members on January 1, 2006. In July of 2009, the Lord blessed the ministry to purchase its current campus, located at 1020 West McDowell Road. ARM, which has more than 100 active members, has worked to affect change in the South Jackson community in many ways. Pastor Porter and the ARM congregation have worked closely with the Henley Young Detention Center to mentor and tutor juvenile offenders. The church has also hosted financial seminars and job interview etiquette classes for young, unemployed males. Additionally, the ministry plans to open a Christian school on its three-acre campus within the next few months.
The church campus consists of more than three acres of land and holds an 800–850 seat sanctuary, among other facilities. The ministry believes in the oneness of God and in the necessity of baptism in water in the name of Jesus according to Acts 2:38, and in the infilling of the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues according to Acts 2:4. This constitutes the new birth spoken of by the Lord Jesus Christ in St. John 3:5.